Sponsorships help further the Foundation’s vision of healthy communities that promote equity and foster health for all.
Sponsorships are also an opportunity for the Foundation to build new partnerships with organizations doing great work in Oregon and SW Washington.
We are now accepting sponsorship applications for events that occur in the next three to twelve months. If your event date(s) fall out of this date range, you are not eligible to apply for sponsorship. Maximum sponsorship awards are $3,000 with the majority awarded at $500-$1,500.
The Foundation sponsors events across diverse communities throughout Oregon and southwest Washington. Whenever possible, we like to have Foundation representatives as participants at those events too. Sponsorships are available to nonprofit organizations that serve all or some of the people of Oregon and SW Washington (Clark, Cowlitz, Pacific, Skamania, and Wahkiakum Counties), and that promote health or contribute to the factors of health. Organizations may submit one sponsorship application within a calendar year. Applications must be made online, and will be reviewed on a monthly basis. Please refer to the Application Deadlines and Decision Points section for application due dates.
The Foundation believes that a safe, healthy childhood sets the stage for lifelong health and the health of communities for generations to come. But no child raises herself. It's all hands on deck with families and communities helping her succeed. For us, communities are defined in many ways—geographically, by identity, or by common experiences—and each community must determine for itself what health looks like to them.
The Foundation’s priority for sponsorships has a particular focus on events that reach or support the following populations:
- Race/Ethnicity: The Foundation is committed to promoting equity in regards to race and ethnicity, which includes immigrant and refugee identification.
- Geography: The Foundation makes a concerted effort to reach all areas within our service region, and we are committed to building new relationships in areas where our reach may not be as extensive.
- Disability: The Foundation recognizes the health inequities faced by individuals living with physical, mental, and developmental disabilities.
Typically, we do not sponsor events for:
- Public, private or charter schools/universities including their associations or friends groups
- National associations, including local chapters
- Public/government agencies
- Sports leagues and their associations or friends groups
Typically, we do not sponsor:
- Direct services
- Capital campaigns (including equipment)
We make rare exceptions. If you think you're one of those, email Fannie Black, Grant Administrator.
In an effort to be inclusive, we strive for an open and consistent process with monthly reviews of sponsorship applications.
- First, if you aren't already personally registered, you must register to access our Grantee Portal by creating a new user account. It can take up to two business days to process new user account requests.
Tip: The further in advance you register, the more time you will have to complete the sponsorship application. If you register the day before the application is due, you may miss your submission deadline.
- After confirming that the organization you're applying for meets the sponsorship criteria and is eligible to apply, your new user account will be activated.
- Organizations are allowed to submit one sponsorship application per calendar year and receive sponsorship funds for one event per year.
- The maximum amount for a sponsorship request is $3,000, and the Foundation may approve sponsorship at a lower level than your request. In certain circumstances, the Foundation may approve sponsorship at a higher level than your request. The majority of sponsorships are awarded at $500-$1,500.
- Organizations may submit their sponsorship application up to twelve months in advance of the start date of their event, but no later than three months before the start date of their event. In other words, your application deadline is three months before the start date of your event.
For example: For an event on June 15, 2015, the application must be submitted by March 15, 2015, and no sooner than June 15, 2014.
Before we can consider your application, your organization must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Your organization must be able to provide documentation of your tax-exempt status, or be sponsored by a fiscal agent who has tax-exempt status.
- Your event must take place within the Foundation’s service area and serve some or all people of Oregon and/or SW Washington (Clark, Cowlitz, Pacific, Skamania, and Wahkiakum Counties).
Application Deadlines and Decision Points
We review sponsorship applications on a monthly basis. We let you know the status of your application within six weeks of your application date. If approved, your sponsorship funds will be disbursed by the 15th of the month following approval.
For example, an application submitted on January 11, will be reviewed by February 10; applicants will be notified by February 28, and the funds will be disbursed by March 15. An application submitted on May 28 will be reviewed by June 27; applicants will be notified by July 10 and funds will be disbursed by August 15.
Tip: If your application deadline (3 months before your event date) falls on a weekend or holiday, you should submit your application before the weekend or holiday. The Foundation recognizes all federal holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Application Deadline: Applications can be submitted up to twelve months in advance of the start date of an event, but no later than three months in advance of the start date of an event. In other words, your application deadline is three months before the start date of your event.
For example, for an event on May 10, your sponsorship application must be received by the Foundation by February 10. For an event starting on November 30, your sponsorship application must be received by the Foundation by August 30.
The following questions will be presented to you in the online application.
- Have you previously applied for a sponsorship within this calendar year?
- Do you have a sponsorship packet available for this event? If so, please upload any documents to the Attachments tab.
- Unless contained in your uploaded sponsorship packet, please describe the levels of sponsorship available. (3,000 characters maximum)
- Unless contained in your uploaded sponsorship packet, please explain the marketing opportunities the Foundation will have, or the recognition the Foundation will receive, for sponsorship. (3,000 characters maximum)
- What level of sponsorship are you requesting for this event? ($3,000 maximum)
- At what location will this event take place? (Please include venue name, address, city, and state.) (300 characters maximum)
- Please provide a brief agenda of the event or upload the agenda to the Attachments tab. (1,200 characters maximum)
- Who is the target audience for this event? (1,200 characters maximum)
- How will this event or your organization promote health or align with the Foundation's work? (1,200 characters maximum)
- How will this event or your organization promote social and/or racial equity? (1,200 characters maximum)
- Can the Foundation promote this event on our website or through other social media?
- From your perspective, what can be improved about this application process? (1,800 characters maximum)
Additional Required Information
The online application will also ask for:
- proposed event budget,
- amount requested from NWHF,
- start and end date of event,
- what counties will be served,
- what communities will be served, and
- demographics of board members.
If you have any questions regarding the application process for sponsorships, please contact Shannon Duff, Grant Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 505-5702.