The Oregon Community Foundation, Northwest Health Foundation, Kaiser Permanente and other funding partners are happy to announce that we have awarded fifteen grants to improve children's dental health.
Healthy teeth is more than just preventing cavities. A child with tooth pain has difficulty paying attention in school, spends fewer hours in the classroom and ends up further behind their peers. With this funding strategy, we will improve educational outcomes by supporting the growth of comprehensive children's dental health programs in school settings. These programs will reach communities and regions in Oregon where kids are disproportionately affected by poor dental health.
The grant recipients include:
- Centro Cultural of Washington County
- Community Health Centers of Benton and Linn Counties
- Intermountain Education Service District
- Kemple Memorial Children's Dental Clinic
- La Clinica del Valle Family Health Care Center, Inc.
- Lake Health District
- Mercy Foundation
- North Clackamas School District
- One Community Health
- Providence Seaside Hospital Foundation
- Salem-Keizer School District
- South Lane Children's Dental Clinic
- Tillamook School District
- Virginia Garcia Memorial Foundation
- White Bird Clinic