The Kaiser Permanente Community Fund (KPCF) at Northwest Health Foundation is pleased to award $1.9 million in grant funds to 10 organizations improving health in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Awarded annually since 2004, these grants address health where it begins, in our schools, neighborhoods and workplaces – long before we ever see a doctor.
The following organizations received grants this year:
- Community Alliance of Tenants
- The Trauma Healing Project
- Western States Center
- Boys & Girls Club of Portland Metropolitan Area
- Healthy Living Collaborative of Southwest Washington
- OPAL Environmental Justice Oregon
- Disability Art and Culture Project
- Evolve Workforce & Property Management
- Micro Enterprise Services of Oregon
- Oregon Health Care Interpreters Association
At Northwest Health Foundation, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to lead a vibrant, healthy and fulfilling life. The best way to make that vision reality is by investing in communities. People know what holds their communities back, and they have good ideas about how to remove the barriers they face. Our job is to support communities to harness the talents and act on their ideas.
If you're interested in learning more about these amazing organizations and the work they are doing, please follow us on Twitter! We'll be highlighting each of our new funded partners in the coming weeks.